This week at Sunset: 1-30-2017



First, I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers for me and my family over the last two weeks. My mother passed away unexpectedly on January 13, 2017. She was 59 years old. It hasn’t really sunk in with me, yet, but I am thankful to be a part of the Sunset family and Moultrie community as we try to return to normalcy.

While I was gone, I kept in touch with Bob very often and I want to thank Bob for stepping in during my absence. It was nice to know that everything here was taken care of. Also, Kevin Brown, our mechanic, really stepped it up a notch during my time away and kept me up to date on what was going on.  So, I’d like to really thank Bob and Kevin for keeping everything business as usual.

Also, while I was gone I saw all the pictures and stories from the tornadoes that touched down in the area on January 21st. That same storm moved through the Augusta area during my mother’s funeral. There was an EF-2 Tornado that touched down less than 8 miles from the cemetery immediately following the graveside service in my mother’s hometown of Williston, SC.

We were very lucky at Sunset to not have the damage that so many others experienced. The only damage we received were 4 trees that came down in some out-of-play areas. With the Pot ‘O Gold in little over a month, we will continue to clean course up as we get closer.

Next week, I will be attending the 2017 Golf Course Superintendents Association of America(GCSAA) Education Conference and Trade Show during the Golf Industry Show, Feb. 4-9 in Orlando. This conference offers more than 80 seminars featuring practical solutions to the biggest issues facing superintendents and facilities today. It is an opportunity for me to preview the newest and latest products on the market and to see what would be the most beneficial and cost effective equipment that would save Sunset CC time and money. Everything and everyone that I will be exposed to will be directly beneficial for us at Sunset Country Club.


Thanks for following us this week as we strive to get better everyday. As always,  please feel free to reach out with any questions/comments that you may have by using this blog, Facebook page, or emailing me at davisjoey@hotmail.com. Thanks for reading!


See you on the course!

Joey Davis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog